Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SABYASACHI bounces back to Malgosia



Maggie here....
just got back from New York Fashion Week and wanted to write about one of my first finds when I was planning on opening Malgosia, the amazing SABYASACHI MUKHERJEE.....

I got to attend his show last week, which was stunning-as always....when I first met him in Mumbai, he was in his 3rd season, and now he is making his name on our shores. His collection was uber-positive, feminine, and full of bright colors. I am so excited about having him in the store again (he jumped around a bit between showrooms in the U.S.) and there was even a time when ELLE magazine wrote about him saying a neighbor store of ours carried the line-but that was wrong....and then he disappeared for a season or two. Now, he's back! You know how the fashion business can be:)

I was just excited to see his line develop and the lovely Caroline Ryder of VARIETY'S "Stylephile.com" covered him today....Victoria already placed an order for the amazing "Fish Scales" skirt and if anyone out there wants to also, I'm taking pre-orders. Namaste.








No comments: